Some concerns with akka.js
Posted by eggsearle on August 17, 2013
However, there are some concerns with architecture and the implementation. The latter would be irrelevant if this project is merely a POC.
- The WebSocketClientStore object contains a mutable Map shared between two actors.
- ActorRefs are added to the Map, but never removed.
- The akka module contains a replyTo map, to which a promise is added, but never removed.
- The actor protocol is defined in terms of JsonObject, which are essentially untyped.
- The Akka actors are directly exposed to untrustworthy client code, without an mechanism for authentication, authorization, etc.